Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Feeling

whooaaaaa you want feeling??? I've got one word for you.

marathon

more feeling than you can handle, guaranteed.

Fortunately, there are some good feelings going on right now in my life too - like having Nat visit me here in this miniscule town that is now my home. And not having any pressing commitments, I get to feel my mattress for a couple extra hours ever morning. Uh...and thick warm stockings - those feel pretty good too right now. And I bet that dinner tonight will feel heavenly, if we can find a restaurant open in town this late at night.

I still don't have anything sorted out here - no visa, no bike, no job.... But I have a place to live, and more conferences than I can handle - getting paid E7/hr to help organize conferences at the university - basically loading presentations onto computers, helping presenters with mics, timing presentations and making sure the door is shut and the lights are low at the right time. I'm a natural.

The UN conference in December is my saving-face grace right now. I should really put a lot more time into it, not only because I agreed to, but because it's really interesting and I would like to rock the conference.

I might head down to France for a conference called Entropia, in Montpellier mid-November. A good way to kick-start my French if nothing else.

I am struggling to put together an EU-CV - thanks to Nat for the template. It asks for social characteristics etc. etc..... something I would happily omit from a personally-templated CV. Not that my social graces aren't CV-able, just that my extreme modesty makes it difficult for me to enumerate all my great qualities in such a way. It would be nicer if they could just infer it from my experiences and awards.

However, assuming that people pick up on anything inferred is something I must get over - it does not work here. Nat says that this is a typically Canadian trait that so far hasn't worked for her anywhere else in the world. I must become more blunt in my actions and words and CVs.....

No comments:

Post a Comment